Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Week 12: Reading Diary B

In honor of St. Patrick's day this week, I was excited to read on in the Celtic Fairy Tales unit. The story labeled Gold-Tree and Silver-Tree was probably one of my favorite for the second half of the reading this week. The name is what intrigued me from the start. I really wanted to know how the gold and silver would come to play in this story. After reading the first few sentences, I soon found out that the story wasn't actually about trees, but gold and silver referred to actual people. I couldn't really believe the story turned so nasty so quick. It really goes to show that jealousy makes people do awful things. Sometimes in the eyes of jealousy, not even your family is safe. The mother, Silver-tree, definitely did not like the someone referred to her daughter as the most beautiful queen in the world. The queen took jealousy to a whole other level after hearing this. Pretty much to the point where she wished to kill her daughter. This definitely made the story very interesting. The mother tried so hard to kill her daughter, but did not succeed. I think the item that completely surprised me in the story was the second wife coming into play. It was very genius though, and worked out perfectly. The second wife had so much love for her husband and the first wife. I was pleased to find out what a nice person she was, and that she fought to keep Gold-tree alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment