Sunday, March 1, 2015

Week 8: Writing Review Week

I really don't know what has been my greatest writing success so far in this class. I guess it might be that I'm writing at all. I think it's really helped that I'm actually interested in what I am writing. For instance, I am very much into my storybook for this class. It's something that I feel I can actually write about, and it just makes it that much easier. As I was looking back on my old storytelling posts, I noticed that I actually didn't retell very many stories this semester. It's kind of hard to figure out what my good strategies are when I really wasn't doing the assignment. I do think some weeks it was easier than others to retell a story in my own words. It was very easy to retell stories from units that I really enjoyed, but harder for units that I didn't necessarily understand the language.

(Abandoned Pet 26. Source: deviantart)

2 comments:

  1. Right when I read your second sentence about being proud of yourself for writing in general, I immediately agreed with you. Personally, I don’t spend much time writing outside of class, and many of those assignments are more professional. This class has given the chance to use my creativity and has really pushed me to get something on paper. Even though I get stuck or my stories seem boring at times, just writing in general is a feat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being interested in your source topic is a HUGE part of being a successful writer, in my opinion. The more you're willing to read up on something, or the more in-depth you're willing to go in your research, the more you'll be able to convey through your own words to us, the readers! On an unrelated note, I really like your blog layout, the colors are oddly soothing!

    ReplyDelete