Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Week 11: Reading Diary A

This week, I decided to go with what I like best and read the Aesop's Fables (English) unit. I enjoyed the other Aesop's units that I read so figured this one really wouldn't disappoint. From first glance over the stories listed, I was very excited to get to read some more stories involving animals, but was also very intrigued to see stories about gods. The first story I really enjoyed was the chapter labeled Foxes. If you read any of my earlier posts, you would have ran across that I have a fox tattoo on my upper thigh. I think foxes are really cool animals, even though I do love most animals, and I was excited to read some stories about them. All of the stories in this chapter seemed to have different themes behind them.

My favorite was probably the one about the fox and the dragon. Ever since Game of Thrones, dragons have been a bit of an obsession, so who wouldn't like to get two of their favorite things into one story. This story was a bit hard to read, but I definitely liked the rhyming. It was a good thing that their was a summary of some sort before reading the story. It definitely made it a lot easier to understand. I like how the fox was portrayed as a character with wisdom, especially since foxes are usually portrayed as such. It was funny to find out that the dragon was foolish. There is really no surprise there when taking into account how dragons guard their riches. Overall, I really enjoyed this story.

(Fox)

No comments:

Post a Comment