Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Week 11: Reading Diary B

After reading the first half of the Aesop's Fables (English) unit, I was very excited to read on. After looking over the list of chapters when I first started, I was looking forward to reading the stories in the chapter labeled Dogs. I, of course have a dog, and the idea of reading tales about dogs sounded very interesting. The second story, the Hungry Dogs, was a good read. I think the moral of the story was very interesting as well. Thinking that something in the distance is treasure could definitely lead to doom. You definitely need to know what it is you're after, and not just assume that it is something good. There are plenty of tricks out there, and you definitely need to be careful in trying to avoid them.

The second story in this chapter I really enjoyed was the Faithful House Dog. I don't know why, but just by the title, this story made me think of my own dog, Cobi. I was very excited to read on. By looking at the title, I was definitely thinking that the story had to do with a lesson of faithfulness of some sort. I was intrigued to find out how that test would pan out. After reading the story, I could only hope that my dog would be as faithful as the one in the story. He didn't try and take the bribe from the intruder, which was a very good call. He protected his owner, and by that he is very loyal. This story definitely showed a lesson of loyalty, and although it was short, it got its point across.

(Cobi)

No comments:

Post a Comment