Sunday, January 18, 2015

Week 1: Untextbook

It was very interesting to learn about this concept of having an "Untextbook." In looking through the lists, I decided on four untextbooks that I thought seemed very interesting from strictly the names. The first one that caught my eye was Unit: Cupid and Psyche. I actually believe I might have the book for this story. The name Cupid sparked my interest, considering I am a Valentine's baby, and that guy is kind of associated with my birthday.

The second one that I looked at was Unit: Andersen Fairy Tales. Honestly, who doesn't love a good fairy tale. After reading on a bit, I was very intrigued that it involves the Little Mermaid. It sounds very interesting to read a very un-disney version. Definitely captured my attention. I picked the image associated with this unit because I really liked the artwork.

In Unit: Chinese Fairy Tales, I was very interested in the fact that it incorporated animal legends, as well as items about the supernatural. It seems like this unit really has a lot to offer in readings, and doesn't stick to just one thing.

Lastly, I looked into Unit: Mississippi/Great Lakes. It seems like this unit really has a lot to do with different tribes involved in these areas. The overview referenced a story about trickster-hero Manabozho. After reading this, and about a battle with his wolf-brother, I was very interested to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment