Sunday, January 25, 2015

MythFolklore Topics Brainstorm

Topic: Dragon stories/lore
Comments: I've been really interested about dragons ever since I started watching Game of Thrones. I'm sure there is a multitude of stories out there about dragons, and different types of dragons, as well as myths.
Possible Stories: I was thinking about possibly doing a storybook on a dragon rider, who has all different kinds of stories from trying to find the perfect dragon. Another idea I had was to do a dragon lore of some sort. It would pretty much be a sort of dictionary on dragons.
Sample Story Comments: In looking at the page of ideas for storybooks, I found a link to dragons. In this description it gave a sacred text called Dragons and Dragon lore. It had a very interesting story about the birth of the dragon that might be cool to incorporate in a storybook.
Bibliography Information:
Sample Story: Birth of the Dragon
Book Title: Dragon and Dragon Lore
Book Author: Ernest Ingersoll
Year: 1928




Topic: Online date profiles for Mermaids
Comments: Since I was young, I've always had sort of an obsession with mermaids and the water. I mean what girl wouldn't. Seeing as I do love the water, and swimming, I thought it might me fun to do a storybook about mermaids.
Possible Stories: I thought about maybe doing an online dating site for mermaids. It would pretty much look like profiles you see on any dating site, but instead of humans, there would be mermaids looking for a human mate.
Sample Story Comments: Sam and the Mermaid mentioned that there were no mermen under the sea, but only mermaids. I thought it could be a cool idea to bring this idea into my storybook.
Bibliography Information:
Sample Story: Sam and the Mermaid
Book Title: Folktales Told around the World
Book Author: R. M. Dorson
Year: 1975


Topic: Pirate Adventures
Comments: A few years ago, I had a little bit of an obsession with pirates, and would do a lot of online gaming involving pirates. I thought it could be a pretty cool idea to incorporate into a storybook.
Possible Stories: I think it would be most beneficial to do a storybook on one particular pirate that encompasses different stories about his life/adventures.
Sample Story Comments: I thought about maybe doing a storybook over Christina Anna Skytte. She is Swedish pirate and baroness. It was mentioned on wikipedia that her and her fiance were pirates together. It sounds like this background has a lot of potential. 
Bibliography Information:
Sample Story: Christiana Anna Skytte
Source: Wikipedia


Topic: Aesop's Fables
Comments: Although the fables are usually short, I thought it would be fun to retell the stories in my own way and add more to the stories.
Possible Stories: I thought about maybe creating a storybook revolving around Aesop's Fables that have animals involved with the stories.
Sample Story Comments: I was very interested in the story about a man bitten by a dog. It had a very interesting lesson, and would be a fun story to elaborate on.
Bibliography Information:
Sample Story: The Man Bitten by the Dog
Book Title: Aesop's Fables
Book Author: translation by Laura Gibbs
Year: 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment