Monday, January 26, 2015

Reading Diary A: Aesop (Jacobs)

This week I decided to dive into Aesop (Jacobs) as my reading. I really enjoyed getting to read the winter version of Aesop for my extra reading last week, and figured it might be good to stay with the same thing. Although the stories are very short, I do very much enjoy the lessons that go along with them. They aren't always quite clear, but it's fun to find the meaning in them.

One story that really caught my eye during the first half of my reading was the chapter regarding all sorts of fox stories. Foxes, Part I was very intriguing considering I just finished up my tattoo of the fox on my leg. There isn't a whole lot of significant meaning behind my tattoo because I really just liked the art, but its fun to find connections in the world. This chapter had different stories pairing the fox with all sorts of things, one being a stork. I really enjoyed reading about the fox and the masks. The fox is regarded to as a trickster of sorts, but yet, at first                 (My fox tattoo. Personal Photo)                 glance, a mask worn by an actor tricked him. It                                                                                       definitely goes to show that you can't always judge a book by its cover. Sometimes the outside doesn't always show what’s lurking underneath.

Another really fun chapter that seemed to grab my attention was the one titled Cats and Dogs. Of course, since I have both a cat and a dog, these stories would fascinate me. One story in particular, was one about a cat and a fox. Of course I would come back to a story about a fox. It was quite interesting how the fox thought he was so clever having many different options to run and hide, when in fact; the cat’s one option was better. Sometimes having too many options clouds are judgments, and leaves us with only a loss.








                                                                                                                                                     (Bella sleeping. Personal Photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment