Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Week 1: My Favorite Place

I wouldn't necessarily I have a favorite distinctive place I like to be. I do have a favorite place that encompasses many different locations though. I love the beach, whether that be one in Santa Barbara, California or Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. I find beaches to be very beautiful, and sometimes very unique in there own ways. Some rocky, which aren't very safe for swimming, but very nice to look at; and soft sandy beaches that are great for playing in the waves.

This past summer, I took a trip with my family to Cabo San Lucas. We went to two different beaches, both offering something a little different. Both were very beautiful. Chileno Beach had soft sand and medium sized waves to play in. It was very fun swimming out, and kind of just floating in the ocean. It was very calming.

(Chileno Beach. Photo by Taylor Peterson)

Santa Maria Beach, on the other hand, had very rough sand that hurt our feet. That didn't stop us at all from playing in the waves though. Not only was the sand rough, but the waves were rough too. We were too scared to swim out, for fear that we could drown. We did find another activity to occupy our time though. My dad and I decided to try climbing up on the big rocks that sit to both sides of the beach. We found many crabs just hanging out up there. Although that probably wasn't one of the safest things we could do, it was well worth it treking up to new territories.
(Santa Maria Beach, Photo by Taylor Peterson)

So, like I said, I don't think I have a favorite location, but my favorite place to be is definitely the beach, wherever that might be.

1 comment:

  1. I have never been to Cabo, but a bunch of my family routinely visit. They adore Cabo and are always trying to get me to come with them. Eventually I’ll have the time to go when I’m not so swamped with school and work and rugby. Thank goodness that summer is almost here, I think everyone could use a vacation to unwind after school.

    ReplyDelete