Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Week 1 Storytelling: The Tormentor Known As Cat


(Abandoned Pet 26. Source: Deviantart)
Week 1 Story: The Tormenter Known As Cat
A young cat lived on 22nd floor of an apartment complex with its owner. The cat kept to itself for the most part, but did not like intruders in its space. One day, the cat went to the kitchen for a drink, and saw a mouse creeping around on the floor. The young cat hesitated for a moment, then decided confront the mouse. He chased the mouse until it was trapped in a corner of the room. The cat contained its desire to eat the mouse, but instead tried to validate his desires. “Little one, you have come in to my house and offended me every day for the last week.” “I do not believe so sir, I just started my journey to this apartment last week from the first level of the complex,” squeaked the tiny mouse, “I just arrived in these apartment’s walls two days ago.” “You nibbled on the cheese in my owner’s fridge, and I will not take lightly to such senseless actions.” “I am unable to eat cheese sir, I am lactose intolerant,” the mouse said in his defense. Then, the cat stated, “you drank all the water from my bowl. I am certain it was you!” “That is inaccurate. I am not capable of drinking that much water in two days,” stated the mouse, "If I were capable, I would not be this tiny.” “All you speak is of lies,” argued the cat. The mouse saw the look of death in the cat’s eyes, and attempted to run towards the hole in the wall. The cat caught the mouse by the tip of its tail. “I am correct in my accusations, and I will not listen to your insignificant rebuttals,” said the cat, “I am right in my desires to consume you, and you will be one scrumptious snack!”
     Author's Note:
     The original story was about a wolf (cat) and a lamb (mouse). The wolf comes across the lamb, and accused the lamb of wrongdoing him under three different accounts. In the end, the wolf is just trying to justify why he should be able to consume the lamb. It doesn't matter what the lamb says in rebuttal, because it doesn't matter to the wolf. I decided to change the characters of the story, and to also add a few more characteristics of the environment as well as add to what the characters have to say. The moral of the story continues to be the same: the tormentor will always find reasons to back what he wants to do.
     You can find the orgininal story of The Wolf and the Lamb here

2 comments:

  1. Noooooooo! Not the mouse! This reminds me of Tom & Jerry. This story kept me entertained. It was the right amount of suspense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome retelling! My story was a little grim as well… It did make me sad though. I used to have a rat, so I’ll always be on the rodent’s side. It kind of reminded me of Dexter. About how he always confronted his victims of what they did wrong… The mouse was innocent in this case though I guess. Anyway...

    ReplyDelete