Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Week 7:Reading Diary A

This week I chose a unit from the African Traditions category. I was quite interested to read Brer Rabbit. I always enjoy reading stories about animals, and from first glance this unit definitely seemed like that kind of book. After reading into the unit, it was a little difficult to understand. I definitely got the gist though. Besides the difficult language, the first story I really loved was Why Mr. Possum Loves Peace. So even though I had a difficult time understanding this story, I believe that Mr. Possum and Mr. Coon were friends. I thought it was hilarious when Mr. Possum pretended to be dead. Mr. Coon thought that Mr. Possum was a coward for this act, but he wasn't. He was simply trying to put fear in another. What better way to put fear into someone than to pretend to be dead!

The second story that seemed really interesting was Mr. Wolf Makes a Failure. I always get a kick out of reading stories about wolves and foxes, so it was very fun to read about Mr. Fox. This story actually seemed sort of morbid if I got part of it correctly. So, what I believe that happened was that Mr. Fox and Mr. Wolf decided to play a trick on Mr. Rabbit. I think the general idea was for Mr. Wolf to go to Mr. Rabbit's house and pretend that Mr. Fox was dead. Although, I sort of don't think that he completely convinced the rabbit. It was a good try though.


No comments:

Post a Comment