Sunday, February 1, 2015

Week 3: Brainstorming Storytelling Styles

Topic. My Storybook will be online dating profiles of Mermaids. I want to have the site be along the lines of a regular dating site you would find now, but instead of humans, they would just be mermaids. I found four stories in particular that I would really enjoy encompassing into my Storybook. The first story, which actually kind of drew me to this topic, was Sam and the Mermaid. I think this story really shows how ruthless and persistent a mermaid can be, and I have the perfect profile in mind for this one. Another Story that was very interest was Lorelei. This story gave a great depiction of a mermaid to which I would like to elaborate on. Of course I can't spoil any fun for now though. The other two stories I thought about encompassing are The Mermaid's Twin Sister and The Lady of Gollerus. I thought both of these stories had some potential on being added to my storybook. It may take some tweaking, but I would like to include them both.




Bibliography.
1. Sam and the Mermaid, from Folktales Told around the World, by R. M. Dorson (1975).
2. Lorelei, retold from the ballad Loreley, by Clemens Brentano (1801).
3. The Mermaid's Twin Sister, from the Clarion Books, by L. Joseph (1994)

4.The Lady of Gollerus, from Fairy and Folk tales of Ireland, by W. B. Yeats (1973).

No comments:

Post a Comment