Monday, February 16, 2015

Week 6: Reading Diary A

For this week I decided to read the Japanese Mythology unit. I've always been a fan of asian culture, and definitely was interested in reading this particular unit. The first story that really caught my eye was the Miraculous Mirror. I really enjoyed how it started off. I thought the fact that it included the Sun Goddess was pretty cool. I thought it was very interesting how everything bad was woven together with something good by the Goddess. It was a little confusing to read at first, but after looking at it a second time, the story seemed to have made more sense. It was very sad that the Sun Goddess was pretty much run out of her home, to go to the deepest darkest place she could find to hide. If I were up against a dragon, I would probably do the same thing.

The second story that I really enjoyed was the first part of the Heaven-Descended. The name was what really caught my attention. I thought it would be interesting to read about the heaven that is involved in Japanese mythology. It was really cool there was another reference to the sun Goddess. I think my absolute favorite part of the story, for some reason or another, was the rainbow bridge. I've always loved rainbows, and it's really cool that the heaven prince descended on it. It was really neat how this story had a lot to do with princes and princesses. I honestly wasn't expecting that from reading the other stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment