Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Week 15: College Writing Review

I am an accounting major here at the university. Although it may not seem like it, writing plays a big role in my career choice. I need to be able to write professionally to clients, as well as on memos and letters to the IRS or Oklahoma Tax Commission, etc. I've only taken one really writing-intensive class for my major, which was Business Writing here at OU. Other than that, I've taken a couple of humanities classes, much like this one, that focuses on writing. I think my courses have helped me in being able to communicate better through writing. I also believe that they have helped me to improve my writing and grammar, as well as expand my vocabulary. For this class, I believe that the most helpful writing that I have done is probably creating my Storybook. There is a lot that goes into those storybooks, and sometimes writing entirely about one thing is more difficult than people think. It has definitely helped me to become more creative. At this college, I probably couldn't point out exactly what my most meaningful writing experience was. I have a terrible memory, and there have been a lot of instances of writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment