Monday, April 20, 2015

Week 14: Reading Diary A

This week I decided to take a look into Brothers Grimm (Hunt). The overview of the unit intrigued me. I have heard of Hansel and Grethel before, but I was definitely looking forward to how this unit portrayed that story. Hansel and Grethel was the first story I read in this unit. This story was very long, but I enjoyed it very much. I couldn't stop reading. The story pretty much went how I knew it would. It was nice to get more details from the story. It was nice to get more details from the story. I thought that was very rude of the stepmother to convince their father to abandon them in the woods. It was a shame that Hansel didn't just pick up the pebbles as he was going back to the house on the first attempt to get rid of the children. I didn't know that the parents tried to take Hansel and Grethel out in the woods two different times. That stepmother of theirs seemed like a real monster. After they found the gingerbread house, I couldn't believe how many sweets they consumed. I like sweets as much as the next person, but if that was all that I had eaten in days, I probably would have gotten very sick. Fortunately for the children, the witch couldn't see very far. Both Hansel and Grethel tricked her at different times in the story. Both the children seemed to be good at improvising in this terrible situation. I liked the added bit at the end of the story with the duck. I thought that was really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment