Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Week 14: Reading Diary B

After reading the first half of Brothers Grimm (Hunt), I was really looking forward to finishing the unit. Especially since it had a story named Snow-White and Rose-Red. I was very curious to find out if this was the version of Snow White that I have come to know, or if it was someone entirely different. After reading into the story a bit, I soon realized that it was not a story I have come to know. It was quite different, but I very much enjoyed it. Snow-White and Rose-Red definitely had some fun personalities. It was nice that they were so different, but somewhat similar at the same time. There mother was very lucky to have those to girls around the house. I personally did not know what to expect when the bear came into the story. I thought that he may have been tricking the small family into letting him inside their cottage, only to betray their trust later on. It turns out that I was wrong. He was a gentle bear needing shelter from the snow. I also thought that he was just guarding his treasures from the evil dwarf, but there was more to the story. I thought it was really neat that after killing the dwarf, the bear turned back into a Prince. The two girls were definitely really lucky for that bear to come to their door. He brought them a lot of happiness, and in the end, they both were married to the Prince and his brother. It was a really sweet story.

No comments:

Post a Comment