Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Week 13: Reading Diary B

For my second reading diary this week, I will be finishing up my thoughts on Lang's European Fairy Tales I. After reading the first half of the unit, I was really excited to finish it up. There seemed to be a lot of fun titles that had me really intrigued before I started. The Death of the Sun-Hero was probably one of my favorites from the second half of this unit. The name, itself, was very interesting. The Prince in the story really seemed like something else. By twenty, he was the greatest hero in the kingdom. He must have been quite a catch. After reading on a little, the dream that the Queen and King had seemed kind of too good to be true. It made me think that something bad might happen at the end of the story. The Prince ventured out to find a Tree of the Sun. Only by protection this tree for nine days and nights, would the Prince be able to call himself the Sun-Hero. He had to fend the tree off from getting damaged by wolves. It was a pretty difficult task to defend a tree for more than eight nights. The Prince definitely needed to sleep. I ended up being right after all though. The tree in the story got damaged and the Prince was sentenced to death. It took a while for that order to be carried out, but in the end, the Prince still got what he deserved. Maybe he shouldn't have taken on the name Sun-Hero without earning it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment